Nanowrimo 2019 is a WRAP!

So much for blogging my process as I attempted National Novel Writing Month 2019... I forgot completely about this blog as all of my writing efforts poured into my 50,000 word goal for November. And I am most happy to report... with three whole days to spare, I WON NANOWRIMO 2019!

With a story I wasn't sure had enough meat to make a sandwich out of, let alone a 50,000 word rough draft, I clawed my way across the finish line with time to spare. And the story surprised me! A romance was born that I didn't see coming. I created one of my most favorite comic relief (but also douchey) characters ever... I went dark and scary when I had fully intended to go completely comic and satirical. It was a fun little ride through my imagination and my love of horror films and paranormal investigation style television shows.

It was also my first foray into young adult writing. I tend to write older characters, often even older than myself, but this time around I stuck to 18 to 19 year olds and it was a different place, but a fun place. I did enjoy it.

All in all, I have a rough draft that can be turned into something should I so desire. I had a lot of fun writing it, I made some new writing friends, and met a goal head on without giving up. Even when all I wanted to do some nights was read Outlander and binge watch... Outlander. I'm on an Outlander obsession trip, y'all! But I managed to get the words in anyway (and still read the entirety of Outlander and watch the first two seasons, but THAT'S NEITHER HERE NOR THERE!)

I already can't wait for Nanowrimo next year, to get my third win under my belt (hopefully!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Authors OF ALL TIME

Books I Read in 2020

Books I Read in 2023